I know what your thinking. “Another peanut butter post!?!?!” Well, todays post is going to be a little different from normal. It’s a healthy recipe, but not for you. It’s for your four-legged friend! If you have one, if not maybe this could be a good gift for any dog lovers you know.
I had so much fun getting creative and making these. Not only are they a healthy treat, but compared to traditional store-bought treats they are cheaper! But did my dog, Paws, like them? Well, lets just say he nearly bit my fingers off trying to get more!
The beauty of this recipe is it only requires four ingredients and is extremely simple to make!
Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the baking powder and flour in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the peanut butter and hot water. Stir until smooth. Gradually add in the dry ingredients. If too moist add more flour, if too dry add more water until dough consistency.
- Roll out dough to 1/4” thickness.
- Cut with a cookie cutter (I used a bone shaped one of course!) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown. Let cool and store in an airtight container.
I got a little creative and made a special jar for my dogs homemade treats!
Overall, he enjoyed his homemade cookies. Even enough to pose with them :P